Thu, May 18|
ONLINE - Bringing Baby Home Parents Workshop
This parent workshop combines scientific research and public education to improve the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening their families.
Time & Location
May 18, 2023, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
About the event
$175 per couple. Includes all 6 class sessions. After registration, you will be sent a link for payment to the email on file.
Who Should Attend?
- Expecting Parents
- New Parents
- Learn how to maintain relationship satisfaction after having a baby
- Reduce relationship hostility and increase affection
- Promote positive parent-baby interactions
- Promote quality involvement for parents
- Reduce the incidence or severity of perinatal mood disorders
What Will You Learn?
Participants will be able to:
- Explain what to expect during the transition to parenthood
- Describe child development in the first year
- Create strategies to coordinate with family/caretaking members
- Learn ways to improve communications
- Demonstrate how to strengthen friendship, intimacy, and conflict regulation skills
- Recognize the signs of perinatal mood, anxiety, and adjustment disorders and be aware of support and treatment options