Sat, Sep 16|
Bringing Baby Home Parents Workshop
This parent workshop combines scientific research and public education to improve the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening their families.
Time & Location
Sep 16, 10:00 AM – Sep 17, 4:00 PM
Chico, Chico, CA, USA
About the event
Choose Your Equity Tier Pricing Option
Our Equity Pricing is offered to the public to guarantee inclusion & accessibility to all. If you enjoy more privilege, pay it forward by choosing the supporter or sustainer level pricing.
Thank You for supporting your community.
$111 Community Tier Level Pricing (if this still makes this workshop out of reach for you and your partner, please email us!)
$222 Supporter Tier Level Pricing
$333 Sustainer Tier Level Pricing
When does this workshop take place?
Saturday, September 16 from 10:00-3:00
Sunday, September 17 from 10:00-3:00
Who Should Attend?
- Expecting Parents
- New Parents
- Learn how to maintain relationship satisfaction after having a baby
- Reduce relationship hostility and increase affection
- Promote positive parent-baby interactions
- Promote quality involvement for parents
- Reduce the incidence or severity of perinatal mood disorders
What Will You Learn?
Participants will be able to:
- Explain what to expect during the transition to parenthood
- Describe child development in the first year
- Create strategies to coordinate with family/caretaking members
- Learn ways to improve communications
- Demonstrate how to strengthen friendship, intimacy, and conflict regulation skills
- Recognize the signs of perinatal mood, anxiety, and adjustment disorders and be aware of support and treatment options